Whitehorse Gold Corp's corporate governance practices follow applicable Canadian requirements. The Corporation continues to monitor developments in Canada with a view to further revising its governance policies and practices, as appropriate.
Corporate Disclosure Policy
The objective of Whitehorse Gold Corp's disclosure policy is to ensure that all communications made by the Company to the investing public about Whitehorse Gold Corp. and its subsidiaries are (i) timely, factual and accurate; and (ii) broadly disseminated in accordance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements. The policy extends to all employees of the Corporation, their respective boards of directors and officers, and those authorised to speak on their behalf.
Social Responsibility Policy
Whitehorse Gold Corp. is a mineral exploration and development company with operations in Yukon, Canada. Whitehorse Gold recognizes that sustainable development is a key to our success as a company. To achieve this goal we incorporate safety, social, community, environmental and economic considerations into all our business decisions and work programs.
Whitehorse Gold endeavours to instill an environment whereby management, employees, contractors, sub-contractors conduct their business with integrity and adhere to high standards in all aspects. To this end we are committed to:
- Recognizing and honouring the traditional uses of the lands on which we work and minimizing the long-term impact for future users.
- Ensuring local communities and traditional users of the land benefit from our activities.
- Complying with all regulations within the jurisdictions that we do business.
- Meeting or exceeding safety standards and regulations where we work through training, workforce involvement and risk management.
- Being responsible stewards of the environment by monitoring our activities and being proactive in the protection of air, water, land and wildlife.
- Developing operating plans that consider the ultimate responsible closure of our operations.
- Ensuring our workplaces are free from harassment, discrimination and racism.
- Striving to develop a diverse workforce representing all members of society.