Whitehorse Gold Corp. is a mineral exploration and development company with operations in Yukon, Canada. Whitehorse Gold recognizes that sustainable development is a key to our success as a company. To achieve this goal we incorporate safety, social, community, environmental and economic considerations into all our business decisions and work programs.
Whitehorse Gold endeavours to instill an environment whereby management, employees, contractors, sub-contractors conduct their business with integrity and adhere to high standards in all aspects. To this end we are committed to:
• Honouring the traditional uses of the lands on which we work.
• Working with local communities and traditional users so that they may share the land benefit from our activities.
• Observing and respecting applicable environmental and safety laws in applicable jurisdictions.
• Striving to meet or exceed regulatory compliance requirements.
• Striving to meet or exceed safety standards and regulations where we work through training, workforce involvement and risk management.
• Being responsible stewards of the environment by monitoring our activities and being proactive in the protection of air, water, land and wildlife.
• Developing operating plans that consider the ultimate responsible closure of our operations.
• Fostering workplaces that provide equitable treatment of all persons regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, disability, age, culture, or sexual orientation.
• Taking a zero tolerance approach to any form of harassment in the workplace.
• Striving to develop a diverse workforce.